Proverbs 31:27

"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Thursday, June 27, 2013

STILL CLIMBING ABOVE MEDIOCRE

Greetings my friends!

How I have long missed writing and journaling my thoughts and experiences here!  LIFE happens. I am sure you can relate.

Its been almost a year since my last post!  Due to moving our school out to the country, technical difficulties with my computers, and my Adult ADHD (ha) blogging was put on a back shelf somewhere.

Dusting off my technical skills and imagination I am back at the keyboard ready to share more on my journey.  I feel there is SO much I must tell you about this past year, but one blog would bore you senseless.  So I digress.

I will just hit the high spots.

I finished my first year of school successfully.

After our annual church-wide tent camping trip to NC last summer, my husband and I felt the need to move the school to our church property.  Very exciting!

I just completed my second year of school, also, successfully.  My oldest graduated.  That brought on a myriad of emotions that I still haven't dealt with and tucked away.

I have toyed with writing my novel(s), started several projects, and experienced many things this past year.  My projects include: a family cookbook; a FB page devoted to connecting to distant family members, their recipes, and old ways of doing things; losing 50 lbs (I have lost 20lbs so far); dropping processed foods and making as much as I can from scratch; getting mentally and physically prepared to being a self-sufficient homesteader; making home repairs; being prepared in case of a drastic economic down-turn; and I am sure many other projects I have failed to mention will surface after I post this blog.

I sometimes still see myself as a teenager that lost something important in the pile of stuff on the floor in my room.  As I search for "it", I find many other things I forgot I had lost and  then get lost myself in the memories they hold.  Can you relate?  So goes my life...

Sometimes, I wish I could compartmentalize like my husband.  You know, everything (thoughts mostly) in a neat organized box in a location that is easy to find and to get to when you need it.  Oh, well, guess that means I still have some growing to do and some organizing:)  

It's a great day today!  I am excited to be blogging again!

Talk to ya soon!

Mama D

No comments:

Post a Comment