Proverbs 31:27

"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Thursday, December 1, 2011

"Ketchup"


Ever had one of those days? weeks? months? year? where you feel all you are doing is playing "ketchup"? Now I am not referring to the condiment but the southern accented expression for "getting caught up on everything that needs to be done" (disclaimer on the picture: #1 why is this woman sitting down? Don't we do most of our "ketchup" standing up running from one thing to the next? and #2 Is the martini necessary? maybe some would think so. HA!)

Since my last post (if the date wasn't on it, I wouldn't remember when it was posted) two weeks ago, so very much has happened! From interviewing a new family for the school, to learning new skills domestic and artistic, to scrambling up (& gobbling up) Thanksgiving meals, to Black Friday deals, to extremely successful shopping trips, to packing up Fall decor and putting out winter and Christmas dainties, to enjoying my husband and babies (my ever growing & maturing brood of young'uns my own & those of other mothers) the fun never ends and the chores never stop multiplying.

So I am playing "ketchup" with everything. Vicious so gently reminded me that I needed to blog about the wonderful things that have happened with our many new experiments around here. So I plan to do so, one day at a time.

I am sure this idea of "ketchup" is not foreign to many of you. Especially around the holiday season, we somehow find ways to fit in extra chores, visits, trips to town, baking, gift wrapping, etc. It is a good thing teachers have the Christmas vacation time to play "ketchup," but what about everyone else that works through the season?

I pray that as you find yourself swimming in "ketchup" that you will RISE above it all and rejoice that you have family, friends, and health!

Merry Christmas!
Mama D

No comments:

Post a Comment