Proverbs 31:27

"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day one


Hi y'all! (insert southern accent here) Mama D here. Welcome!

Day one of our "Rising Above Mediocre" journey has had me overwhelmed with thoughts for our first blog. There are so many things Vicious & I want to try and accomplish this year! Home improvement plans, cleaning clutter projects, baking experiments, arts & crafty goals, and overall personal growth for ourselves.
But before I can go much further I must explain a little about myself and Vicious will introduce herself, later. I think I have adult ADHD, so if I go off the trail, you will know that a squirrel ran across the yard in front of me, one of the children came into the room, or I forgot where I put my glasses (usually on my face). It probably isn't ADHD, I just have tens of thousands of ideas flooding my head at the same time so I may get a little side-tracked. I am turning 40 on Sunday. I am trying to tell myself that it doesn't matter, its just another day, no big deal. I am done with birthdays. I feel like I am still in my twenties, although my body reminds me constantly that I am not. My kids keep me young and laughing! All is right with the world when Mama D is laughing and laughing loud! I have a degree in teaching and I have been teaching since 1994. I ventured out on faith this summer. I resigned my position at the school where I have spent the last 8 years of my life. I am in the process of starting a private school in our community. Currently, it looks like we are home-schooling. I love to read, experiment while cooking, sing along with the radio, laugh out loud, cuddle with a cozy blanket and a cup of coffee, watching movies with the kiddos, and spending time with my hubby. Times are difficult for most people these days. We are no different. Are you familiar with the phrase "one step forward, two steps back"? This often seems to be our theme song. If life was a musical.... I am not going to finish that thought. I look forward to what Vicious and I can discover and create this year. This will be a great 'bonding' activity for us. We invite you to tag along with us, and Rise Above Mediocre!

No comments:

Post a Comment