Proverbs 31:27

"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Monday, October 31, 2011

Making Sense of Monday


Here we are week # 2 of our blogging project. I obviously had more to say last week than Vicious did. (LOL) I am surprised at how this new endeavor has given me a new perspective on my daily living. Projects that have been needing to be done for months, now have a new status: bloggable! Projects that I have been wanting to try and just haven't "gotten-'round-to-it" are now a lot more interesting and do-able!

Never did I imagine (when I was small) that I would ever reach the big 4-0. But it is here, and I survived. A few tears were shed last night once my head hit the pillow. How silly is that I got emotional over being 40? Or is it normal? I don't feel 40. Some say I don't look 40. But I look over all that I have accomplished and it seems so small in comparison to what I would like to achieve in the next 40 (if God allows).

My husband asked me yesterday what I thought about my turning 40. My response was, "I see this as an opportunity to re-invent myself." Not that I want to change who I am exactly, but to go at my life with more purpose and determination. Even on Mondays!

My students all came slumping into school today, some half asleep, others just dreading the fact that it was Monday. I tell you it is no easy job to cheer up a group of teenagers when they decide to be grumpy because of which day of the week it is. I even told them they could come in costume today just for fun. So imagine the sight I saw as they stumbled through the door half asleep dressed as imaginable creatures!

Oh well, back to the "Make Mondays Magical" drawing board!

We all have a choice as to how we take on Mondays. You can choose to think negatively and dread the responsibilities before you OR you can face the day as a clean slate, rejoicing in the Lord (for HE is responsible for creating and planning your path for today), and be thankful for the opportunities set before you!

So I lift my cup of coffee to you and what you have to do today!
Make sense of your Monday!

Mama D

No comments:

Post a Comment