Proverbs 31:27

"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Thursday, November 3, 2011

SURPRISES!


I love surprises! Well, most surprises.

A bug crawling across me, bad surprise.
Guests showing up when my house is a total wreck, bad surprise.
A pile of poo left on my doorstep by our mentally challenged cat, Ms. Thomas, bad surprise.

Husband going to the bedroom before me, only to jump out to scare me as I walk in, fun surprise.
Husband leaving hidden messages for me, fun surprise.
One of my talented kids making up a silly rhyme or funny song at dinner, fun surprise.

Husband waking me with a cup of yummy coffee, nice surprise! (a wonderful way to wake up:)
Kids doing the dishes without being asked, wonderful surprise! (a very rare occurrence)
Free stuff in the mail, packages delivered, or an unexpected phone call from a friend or mom, sweet!

Yesterday:
Finding out at the last minute that Friday's Educator's Conference, which I thought was in Macon, is in Atlanta; bad surprise.
A phone call from my husband saying that he booked Vicious and me a hotel room, so we wouldn't have to get up so early to travel; nice surprise.

Finding out that Netflix just released some of my favorite movies for me to add to my list; awesome!

Being asked out on a date by my 15 y/o son, Author; sweet surprise.
Going to the movies with Author to see Hugh Jackman in Reel Steel; nice surprise. :)

Husband being proud of Vicious and I for tackling an unexpected plumbing project and doing an awesome job, shows up with a brand new toilet for our next plumbing project; interestingly confident surprise:)

Today: (so far)
Before Husband left for work, he left me a surprise on my dresser that made me smile and laugh out loud.

I want to give a shout out to my loving husband who loves surprising me in many different ways, and to my son, who surprised me yesterday by how mature he is becoming and how fast he is growing up.

I hope your Thursday is full sweet, nice, awesome, and fun surprises!

Mama D

No comments:

Post a Comment